Sewer Repair in Canoga Park, California
Finding out that your sewer pipes need repair often comes as an unpleasant surprise to most homeowners in Canoga Park, California. No one wants to disturb their routine so that other companies can destroy their beautiful backyards and driveways. Many homeowners even put off the sewer repair process, if only to enjoy the peace of not having an excavation on the property. The days of hiding from those sorts of repairs and stretching out the time are over.
Advancements in Sewer Repair technology allow our team at The Northbridge Plumbers to repair and even replace your sewer pipes, without digging a single large trench in your garden.
Signs Your Sewer Pipe Needs Repair
Homeowners can avoid extensive sewer repair and replacement if they know and look-out for the signs of sewer repair damage:
- Slow flowing drains: When grease food or hair gets stuck in your sewer pipes, it makes it difficult for the water to drain properly.
- Smelly drains. As food begins to rot in your sewer pipes, it gives off a very bad smell.
- A gurgling toilet. This means that air is trapped somewhere in your sewer pipes. This is usually caused by a blockage in your gas venting system.
If you don’t correct these issues on time, they can lead to bigger problems such as:
- Persistent clogging of drain
- Flooding in the basement
- Buildup of sulfide gas in the sewer pipes (similar to the smell of rotting eggs)
- Seepage on your walls or garden
- Higher water bills.
When this happens, you will have to hire a plumber to repair your sewer pipes. Nowadays, you can have two options to repair your sewer pipes:
- Traditional Sewer Repair using Excavation
- Trenchless Sewer Repair
Traditional Sewer Repair Using Excavation
You might know that your sewer pipes are usually located underneath your driveway, garden or patio. When your sewer pipes need repair, a professional using the traditional method will excavate the area to get to the sewer pipes. This means digging through your garden or driveway. The simple dig and repair method costs a lot of time and usually money.
Trenchless Sewer Repair
Trenchless Sewer Repair doesn’t require the need for digging holes throughout your backyard. Our team use one or two access points to finish the repair process. Here we install a new sewer pipe inside the old one. Since this method doesn’t require destroying your property, it’s less costly in general. There are two methods to repair your sewer pipes through the Trenchless Method:
- Cured-in-Place Pipe Lining (CIPP): As the name suggests, this method involves pulling a new pipe inside the old one.
- Pipe Bursting and Pipe Splitting: Here we burst the old pipe while simultaneously creating a new one.
Both the methods exhibit great results. Your plumber will recommend the best method based on the condition of your sewer pipes. Most people now prefer the trenchless method for the convenience it offers.
If you have more questions regarding sewer repair in Canoga Park California, talk to our plumbers. At The Northbridge Plumbers, we believe in empowering your customers through knowledge. Call us today.